Purpose and description of the course
This course is about how to strategize in the digital economy. As digital technologies are diffusing into all domains of societal and economic activity, businesses are under increasing pressure to transform their strategic outlook in order to prepare against disruption and to exploit new opportunities. At the core of such transformation lies a winning digital strategy that puts business and organizational considerations at the center rather than chases one digital trend after the other.
Following our mantra of “strategy first, technology second”, this course will focus on a few major and lasting themes that are unique to the digital economy and the unprecedented challenges these pose to digital strategy. Challenges include the new rules of competing in the data economy, the exploitation of digital information goods, and the prevalence of accessing rather than owning strategic assets. Each major theme will be approached by combining engaging discussions with interactive case studies, teaching practical tools and methods that can be implemented in any organization.
Key themes in the course
- The main challenges of digital strategy and how to tackle them
- Innovating digital information goods and services for customers
- Leveraging digital data as a strategic asset
- Harnessing the scalability of digital production and collaboration
- Sustainable and responsible digital growth
Your learning outcome
In this course, you will learn:
- To identify the distinctly unique attributes of digital strategy
- To formulate a winning and sustainable digital strategy.
- To apply strategic concepts and tools.
- To critically reflect on the societal implications of a digital strategy
- To evaluate strategic options and avenues in the digital economy.
Learning flow and pedagogical design
Following the principles of participant-centred learning, the course will be a mix of interactive lectures, group work, class discussions, and case-based teaching.
Who should attend this course
The course is designed for practitioners who are involved or want to get involved in developing new business strategies fit for the digital era. The concepts and skills taught in this course apply regardless of industry or sector.
First two days from 9.00 – 17.00, last day from 9.00 – 13.00
Address: CBS, Dalgas have 15, Frederiksberg 2000
The exam is carried out as a home assignment, where a written product has to be submitted. Spring 2021: Date of submission: 20th May