Purpose and description of the course
The ability to design and manage processes and supply chains is a key competence in modern business development. Today, in order to innovate, develop, produce and deliver services and products, modern supply managers need to engage intelligently in the design and execution of complex business relationships, information technologies, logistics, global supply chains and performance measurement systems. These are all core themes in this course, which will cover the latest developments in research and practices in these areas with a special focus on business development and the agile, robust and innovative supply chain.
Key themes in the course
- Operations and supply chain management as enablers of business development
- Business models for managing global supply chains
- Supply chain value creation
- Performance management in the agile, robust and innovative supply chain.
Your learning outcome
In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify opportunities on how the supply chain can enable business development
- Identify and measure value creation in the supply chain
- Manage complex supply chain relationships and supply networks
- Understand the role of information technology and logistics in managing global supply chains
- Increase your ability to navigate in agile, robust and innovative supply chains.
Who should attend this course
The target participants of the course are managers and specialists who are interested in understanding the latest developments in research on operations and supply chain management. The course is relevant for managers and specialists working with process management, operations management or supply chain management on a daily basis. The course is also relevant for professionals in related fields (e.g. sales, marketing, general management, finance etc.) that would like to obtain insights on the latest developments within operations and supply chain management. The course can be taken as a single course or as part of a full Master of Business Development.