BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION
The Life Science specialization is part of the MBD and customized for you, working within the Pharma, BioTech or MedTech sector and is looking to:
- Update and strengthen your business development and innovation competencies.
- Receive training based on models, frameworks, and cases that fit your challenges, together with teachers and guest lecturers who have solid knowledge and experience with the business.
- Build upon your professional and personal network by studying with others, who work within the same field, and recognize the challenges you as a manager in this business are facing.
The Pharma, BioTech and MedTech industries are characterized by an array of challenges. For example, competition from new markets, convergence between technology and Pharma industries, as well as the regulation and cost-benefit focus of the authorities, makes access to markets more difficult. This and many more are challenges, which require a special focus on developing competencies, which can make it easier for you to work within these circumstances.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SPECIALIZATION:
The specialization consists of three courses within business development and innovation. The courses are:
- Business Development of the Life Sciences
- Managing Open Innovation in the Life Sciences
- Life Science Markets
The specialization can be completed in just 7 months, and you can choose in which order you will take the courses. Each course consists of four days of lectures, and it is up to you, whether you want to take the courses collectively or as single courses.
The specialization is accredited and is part of the broader MBD. The three courses comprising the specialization make up 16 ECTS-points, whereas the entire MBD education is 60 ECTS-points. If you wish to continue your education as part of the full MBD, the courses Business Development of the Life Sciences and Managing Open Innovation in the Life Sciences replace the mandatory course Business Development and the core course Managing Open Innovation.
If you are curious for more, when you have completed the courses within the Life Science specialization, you can always take other courses at the MBD.
You can read more about the rest of the MBD here